The Friends of Yarrells extends a warm welcome to all. We aim to bring together the parents of the children attending the school to provide a platform for communication, fun, learning and making new friends. This brings cohesion between the parents in different year groups.
The Friends of Yarrells is run by parents and key school decision makers who meet on a regular basis throughout the year. At these meetings the committee consider the fundraising events of the year, where funds will be allocated, and how parents may be brought together socially.
We endeavour to recruit committee members from each year group.
The September Annual General Meeting
(Thursday 26th September) Open to all parents.
Relaxed gathering of like-minded parents who are keen to get to know the school a little better, bring new ideas and help.
We will send you information via email or school bag drops where we require reply slips sent back. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you require any further information about the Friends’ activities. Some contact information for you:
Current Committee Officers
Committee Members: Peter Brady, Gail Boothman, Mark Dowling, Keliegh Dowling, Emily Merrell, Lara Fascione, Anne-Marie Fast, Cenane Chappell
Forthcoming 2013/2014 Events
- 1st Day of Term - Coffee Morning @ 8.45am
- AGM for Friends of Yarrells – Thurs 26th September 7.30 in Library
- Fireworks Night – Sat 9th November - 5.30pm Fantastic display, wonderful social get together over food and drinks!
- Christmas Fair – Sat 30th November Excitement starts at 2pm Traditionally exciting, stalls, Santa, cakes & face painting
- Coffee Morning – 1st day of January term 2014 @ 8.45am
Dates to be set at our next committee meeting
- Feb / March – Quiz Night Date tbc. Anyone can join in this amusing event.
- May – Free Family Fun Day @ Upton House
- June – School Sports Day – We give ice lollies to every child
- July – Summer Ball in school grounds, run by the Committee
All new ideas welcome, send us an email with your thoughts. Sandra
Our main aims are to:
- Act as ambassadors and promote fellowship among the parents and pupils of Yarrells School
- Engage in fund-raising and other activities serving to enhance and advance the children’s learning experience
- Deploy the profits across the year groups
- Foster the community spirit of the School by encouraging more extended relationships between the staff, parents, old girls and boys (“Yarrellians”) and others associated with the School.
To conclude: we are a friendly, informal group organising fun events that bring together the Yarrells community spirit and that provide funds for the “important little extras” in terms of items and equipment for our children. Our actions and results are a strong testament to our team work.
We all sincerely hope that you will feel able to lend your support to the committee and that, over the course of your time as a Yarrells’ parent or friend, you will be able to take part in and enjoy as many social events and gatherings as possible
Membership is open to all parents with a child or children currently at the School, all domestic and teaching staff and all former pupils of the School
What have we spent the money on in the past?
The Friends are open to suggestions from all departments and sectors of the school and always give each request our full consideration. The aim is to ensure that the broadest range of pupils is being served by each donation and that everyone gets a fair chance of receiving support.
Hardly a department or area of the school has not benefitted over the years from the Friends’ funds. Below highlights a small selection of recent projects to which we have contributed:
- Interactive SMART boards for classrooms
- Wooden climbing equipment in the woods
- Benches for Reception Area
- Fireworks and circus skills experiences
- Gardening Equipment
- Purpose built school rabbit hutches
- Music Stands and Percussion instruments
- Sports kits for the teams across the school
- Weather Station for Science Department
Events held in 2013
Quiz in Swan
May Fun Day
Events held in 2012
April 25th - Welcome Back Coffee in the Courtyard
May 27th - Upton House Family Fun Day
June 16th - Summer Barn Dance
September 5th - Welcome Back Coffee in the Courtyard
Events held in 2011
- 1st Day of Term - Coffee Morning @ 8.45am
- Autumn Friends AGM and social
- November – Fireworks (Mr Brady improved on previous years, if that’s possible!)
- November – Christmas Fair
- March – Quiz Night
- May – Family Fun Day
- June – Sports Day – Friends provide every child with a lolly
- June – Summer Ball @ RNLI
- July – We provide Pimms on Parents Day