Friends of Yarrells School
The Friends of Yarrells extends a warm welcome to all. We aim to bring together the parents of the children attending the school to provide a platform for communication, fun, learning and making new friends. This brings cohesion between the parents in different year groups.
Friends of Yarrells Committee
Chair: Sarah Ali (Choudhury)
Sarah has been a parent at the school for several years now, and at one point had all 4 of my children at Yarrells, this means it is very close to her heart. She wants to do the best for the school and all the children and families included in that. Her vision for the future of FOYs is to help build lasting relationships and enhance the experience for our children. Sarah is an award winning chef and has built a successful business and hope to use her skills as chair of FOYs to achieve this vision.
Vice Chair: Victoria Hopson
Victoria has 2 children in the school, alongside her studies as a student midwife, she is keen to take on the role of Vice Chair and work closely with Sarah.
Secretary: Dawn Murray
Dawn has 2 children in the nursery, she is a teacher herself and is enthusiastic about being on the committee.
Treasurer: Louise Ujvari
Louise also has 2 children in the school, she is an accountant so a great choice for treasurer. She is eager to take on this role and support the committee.
Marketing Manager: Louise Chissell
Teacher Representatives: Tom Lewis, Jenny Williams & Katelyn Wyatt
Pips/Kind: Liam Wyatt & Emily Wilson
Transition: Dawn Murray
Reception: Louise Chissell
Year 1: Amy Cull & Jacqui Landen
Year 2: Louise Ujvari
Year 3: Ali Moorby & Elli Sydenham
Year 4: Charlotte Shrimpton & Helen Billington
Year 5: Melissa Rawlings & Rebecca Huntingford
Year 6: Martha Covell & Mary Evans
Year 7: Teresa Yudes
Year 8: Natalie Tudberry
OUR MAIN AIMS
- Act as ambassadors and promote fellowship among the parents and pupils of Yarrells School
- Engage in fund-raising and other activities serving to enhance and advance the children’s learning experience
- Deploy the profits across the year groups
- Foster the community spirit of the School by encouraging more extended relationships between the staff, parents, old girls and boys (“Yarrellians”) and others associated with the School.
Membership is open to all parents with a child or children currently at the School, all domestic and teaching staff and all former pupils of the School.
- Outdoor learning centre
- Interactive SMART boards for classrooms
- Wooden climbing equipment in the woods
- Benches for Reception Area
- Fun family days
- Fireworks and circus skills experiences
- Gardening Equipment
- Purpose built school rabbit hutches
- Music Stands and Percussion instruments
- Sports kits for the teams across the school
- Weather Station for Science Department
Events held in 2016:
- Fireworks Night
- Christmas Fair
- Multi Cultural Day
- Coffee Morning
- Spring Fayre
- Summer Ball
- Ice Lollies at sports days