START DATE: JANUARY 2020
SALARY: £9 per hour
JOB TYPES: Part-Time, Permanent
Yarrells School and Nursery wishes to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Minibus Driver to support the work of the school. We have a requirement for a new minibus route, between Blandford Forum and Yarrells School, via Wimborne, Corfe Mullen and Broadstone.
This is a term time only role and the working hours will be as follows:
Monday – Friday: 06:30-08:30 and 16:15 – 18:15
For the right candidate, additional hours, as and when required, could also be available. We are looking for someone to start in January 2020.
Yarrells School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications may be submitted in the following ways:
Download and complete a hard copy of our PDF application form. Hard copy application forms should be returned to:
Mr J. Renwick, Director of Operations, Yarrells School, Upton, Poole, Dorset, BH16 5EU
Candidates called for interview will be required to provide photographic proof of identity, proof of address and original qualification documents.
Please note – two references will be sought prior to interview.
The suitable candidate will:
- drive the school bus in an appropriate manner with due regard to safety and speed limits;
- supervise students on the school bus to ensure safety (including checks to ensure seatbelts and head rests are being used appropriately and that the students remain in their seats at all times);
- enforce the school behaviour policy and report any incidents or unsatisfactory behaviour to the Estates Manager;
- be able to communicate clearly, considerately and courteously, using agreed school protocols, with parents of pupils on the bus to ensure efficient and safe practice;
- collect and drop off students at designated locations and times;
- deal with accidents/incidents and report them to the Estates Manager, as appropriate;
- be responsible to the Estates Manager and the Head.
- drive competently and safely and be in possession of a full, clean driving licence
- ideally hold a D1 Licence
- have some experience of driving vehicles larger than cars (e.g. minibus/vans) and working with children and the general public
- be able to exercise initiative in emergency situations such as vehicle breakdown
- have a good knowledge of daily vehicle checks and maintenance procedures
- hold a current Emergency first aid at work qualification
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974)