Position: Estates Assistant
Contract: Part Time (3 days)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £8.21 per hour
The opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, warm and enthusiastic Estates Assistant to join this highly regarded co-ed Prep day school and nursery, located in Upton, on the edge of Poole and the beautiful Jurassic coastline.
To work with the estates team in providing and maintaining all aspects of the school’s grounds, building, facilities and equipment in order to create a safe and inspiring environment for teaching and learning.
The work will include:
- Being available three days a week, Monday to Friday 07:30 – 15:30, working on your own or with the estates team and under the supervision of the Estates Manager
- Having a good knowledge of tools and equipment use
- Carrying out or assisting with regular mandatory maintenance and safety inspections of buildings, tools, equipment and facilities
- Carrying out or assisting with maintenance or repairs of carpentry and plumbing related works
- Carrying out or assisting with regular painting, decorating and refurbishment work
- Assisting with the erecting and dismantling of staging and scaffolding
- Assisting with the marking and maintenance of playing fields
- Assisting with the inspections and maintenance of paths, walkways and communal areas and their associated equipment
- Having a clean driving licence and being willing to drive school buses if required
- Being available, when required, out of days/hours for major school calendar events
- Owing to the physical nature of the work and activities on the school’s estate, the individual should be reasonably fit and be able to carry reasonable weights, climb ladders and scaffolding
- You should be able to work under supervision as a team member or unsupervised on your own
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this post, please fill in the appropriate application form and send it in to the school along with a letter of application.
You may either email, post or hand deliver your application form.
Post to: Head, Yarrells School, Yarrells House, Upton, Poole, Dorset BH16 5EU
Email to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 5 February 2020
For any queries please speak to: Mr J Renwick, Director of Operations: 01202 622229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be accepted from candidates completing the Application Form in full. CV’s will not be accepted in substitution for completed Application Forms.
Click here to download a full recruitment pack and application form.