We are looking for inspirational, energetic and creative individuals to join our dynamic team, whose passion is nurturing and motivating all of our pupils. We believe this is the key to achieving high standards in academic subjects, sport and in the performing arts.
We are committed to safeguarding children; all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
HEAD OF MATHEMATICS (KS2/3)
Ability to teach Design & Technology and/or Sport is desirable.
START DATE: Monday 2nd September 2019 OR Monday 4th November 2019
SALARY: £33,000 – £36,000 depending on experience
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Midday, Friday 26th April 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: Week Commencing Monday 6th May 2019
Come and join our fabulous school!
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Mathematics Department at Yarrells School. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated individual to further develop an already thriving and vibrant department. Our pupils are happy, curious and have a delightful, unselfconscious thirst for learning. Maths is ‘cool’ at our school so you would be joining a flourishing departmental area at a really exciting time.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach Years 5 – 8, preparing pupils at 11+ for grammar school entry and at 13+ for Common Entrance and scholarship entry to local independent senior schools. They would be expected to play a full part in the wider life of our vibrant and warm school community.
We should love to see applications from all sectors of education. The ability to teach design technology and/or sport to pupils between the ages of 7-13 would be fantastic, although not essential.
A full job description is in the recruitment pack.
If you would like to apply for this post, please fill in the appropriate application form and send it in to the school along with a brief letter of introduction.
You may either email, post or hand deliver your application form.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates completing the Application Form in full. CV’s will not be accepted in substitution for completed Application Forms.
Post to: Yarrells School, Yarrells House, Upton, Poole, Dorset BH16 5EU or Email to: email@example.com
For any queries please speak to: Mr J Renwick, Director of Operations: 01202 622229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Relief Minibus Driver
- Hours: casual, Monday to Friday between 08:00 – 16:30, term time only
- Salary: £9 per hour
- Start: ASAP
- Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, zero hours contract
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974)
Yarrells School and Nursery wishes to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Relief Minibus Driver to support the work of the school. This is a term time only role and the working hours will be as and when required. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Yarrells School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Hard copy application forms should be returned to: Director of Operations, Yarrells School and Nursery, Upton, Poole, Dorset, BH16 5EU
Candidates called for interview will be required to provide photographic proof of identity, proof of address and original qualification documents.
Please note – two references will be sought prior to interview.
The suitable candidate will:
- drive the school bus in an appropriate manner with due regard to safety and speed limits;
- supervise students on the school bus to ensure safety (including checks to ensure seatbelts and head rests are being used appropriately and that the students remain in their seats at all times);
- enforce the school behaviour policy and report any incidents or unsatisfactory behaviour to the Estates Manager;
- be able to communicate clearly, considerately and courteously, using agreed school protocols, with parents of pupils on the bus to ensure efficient and safe practice;
- collect and drop off students at designated locations and times;
- deal with accidents/incidents and report them to the Estates Manager, as appropriate;
- be responsible to the Facilities Manager and the Head.
- drive competently and safely and be in possession of a full, clean driving licence
- hold a D1 Licence
- have some experience of driving vehicles larger than cars (e.g. minibus/vans) and working with children and the general public
- be able to exercise initiative in emergency situations such as vehicle breakdown
- have a good knowledge of daily vehicle checks and maintenance procedures
- hold a current Emergency first aid at work qualification